The second part of the project was the frame that would go around the dart board. Yesterday’s project fit perfectly in the center to take full advantage of the material. The vectors were created in Illustrator and then imported into EnRoute.
The circle frame was domed slightly upwards. with a raised rim, inside and out.
I would put two textures in the donut, The first is one I call klingon chicken. It is a great random pattern.When I applied the bitmap I also selected the raised lettering to exclude it from these areas.
The second bitmap texture was one I use a lot called splotches. This randomized things just a little more. I also applied this texture to the British flag that is on the top.
I had built the British flag as a separate relief which I now merged highest with the base relief.
The relief was not ready to be tool pathed and sent to the MultiCam.
The file was ran with a 3/8″ bit at a 50% overlap as a rough pass and a 1/8″ ball nose bit with an 80% overlap for the final pass. As you can see in the photo below I tucked the crown into the corner to use up the small bit of wasted material there.
Tomorrow I’ll be gluing it all together and gestating in on the painting process.
Published with permission from precisionboard.blogspot.com. Source.
Share our content!