I then selected odd number boards and assigned them a height to create the reliefs.
Even number boards got the same treatment with a slightly different height.
I then imported the sandblasted wood bitmap. This bitmap is based on an actual photo of five laminated boards. I positioned the four rectangular reliefs over the boards sizing them to fit on the different pattern boards, assigned a value of 0.15″ and added the textures.
I then duplicated two I liked, rotated them 90 degrees and resized them to suit. I also resized and arranged the original four boards at the same time.
Then it was time to add some height to the horizontal boards.
I didn’t want the spaces between the boards to be hollow (for strength reasons) so I created a flat rectangular relief and positioned it vertically under the boards.
Before combining the reliefs I checked the height of all the elements in the front view.
I then combined the vertical board and the lower relief.
Then I combined this relief with the horizontal relief. I also added an offset border around the letters which was made into a nee flat relief.
Since I just guessed at the height this lettering border needed to be I checked it in the front view. It was much too high so I nudged it down using the arrow keys.
Once I has happy with it’s position I then merged highest with the base relief.
The last step was to modify the base relief by adding the lettering.
Share our content!