Coastal Enterprises has painstakingly researched a line of HDU texture and coating products to perform specifically with Precision Board HDU. Each is made from the finest ingredients, with ease of application for the sign or model maker, as well as longevity for the final product in mind.
PB Hard Coat HDU Protective Coating
PB Hard Coat HDU Protective Coating is a two component system comprised of a dry mixture and a liquid resin. When mixed, it becomes a very easy to use thick coating that can be finished into any desired texture. PB Hard Coat can be applied to any thickness and dries to a rock hard protective coating in about 2 hours. PB Hard Coat is non flammable and non hazardous.
PB Hard Coat Features
- Dries to a rock hard protective coating in approximately 2 hrs – depending on thickness.
- Create authentic looking texture like stone and wood grain
- Compatible with all types of paints and primers
- Fun to work with.
Quick tips for using PB Hard Coat HDU Protective Coating
- Mix three parts of dry mixture to one part liquid resin until consistency of smooth paste. Change application surface by increasing or decreasing liquid resin.
- Make sure surfaces are clean
- Apply with trowel, painters mitt or hopper gun, etc. Work into entire surface to be coated to achieve complete wet out for good adhesion.
- Texturing should begin immediately after application. PB Hard Coat can be smooth troweled, skip troweled, hand shaped or “drawn” to create desired texture effect (stippling, stone, wood grain,etc.)
- Mist with water if surface becomes over worked.
- Allow to dry completely before painting
See Product Data Sheet for detailed use and application instructions