Coastal Enterprises has painstakingly researched a line HDU texture and coating products to perform specifically with Precision Board Plus HDU. Each is made from the finest ingredients, with ease of application for the sign or model maker, as well as longevity for the final product in mind.
TSF-45 HDU Texture Surface Finish
TSF-45 HDU Texture Surface Finish is an extremely tough, flexible coating that has been compounded specifically for use in creating a variety of texture surfaces on Precision Board Plus High Density Urethane. TSF-45 is a white exterior grade material that does not require surface priming prior to use. Use TSF-45 whenever creativity calls for a flexible, textured type finish.
TSF-45 is white and filled with an unusual type of material that will allow it to be finished using the same type of methods for finishing cementitious type plaster products. It can be swirl finished, skip trowel finished, stucco finished, stipple finished, or many other interesting surface finishes such as wood grain. It will also make the surface of Precision Board Plus HDU much tougher and stronger.
TSF-45 adheres directly, without priming, to clean Precision Board Plus HDU, concrete, wood, steel, glass, even galvanized metal. Works well for blending monument signs, to texture steel poles, and quickly adding wood grain into the background of signs with routed letters.
Features You Can Count On
- Tough, yet flexible
- Create authentic looking texture like stone and wood grain
- Great for blending different material types in sign or model applications
- Adheres to concrete, wood, steel, glass and even galvanized metal
Quick tips for using TSF-45 HDU Texture Surface Finish
- Make sure surface is clean and free of any residual dust or grit from prior processes.
- Apply with a trowel, spatula, hopper gun or painters mitt directly from the container. Thinning is not recommended.
- Apply in two coats, making sure to wet out entire surface to be coated with first coat to ensure good adhesion.
- Apply 2nd coat in sufficient quantity to achieve desired effect. First coat must be tack free dry.
- Try to achieve desired effect as soon as possible to prevent material from becoming overworked. If material does become overworked, simply add a little more TSF-45 to surface and continue.
See Product Data Sheet for detailed use and application instructions