The cutlass took about three hours to run on the MultiCam. Late yesterday I pulled it off the machine and glued up the two halves. This morning I removed the clamps and used the air-powered die grinder to add some serious character to make it look battle worn. While I could have built the file that way it was far faster to do it by hand.
Then we used sculpting epoxy to create the leather wrapping on the handle. A thin layer of sculpting epoxy was applied over the skull and form other details such as the teeth and the undercuts on the eye sockets. The mounting board was glued up today and tomorrow it will all be ready for paint.
Share our content!