The riveted front motor housing was the first piece to be made it a relief. This was fairly straight forward. The file was built entirely in EnRoute. The inside and outside circle determined the dimensions of raised layer or outer ring. The intersecting lines would be the counterpoints for the rivets.
Creating a flat relief was the first order of business.
Then I used the center shapes around the ‘M’ to drop the center.
The table support bracket was next and again it was fairly simple. I defined the shapes using the vector drawing tools. The rectangle at the bottom was used to segment off the bottom piece. I defined this area using the jigsaw tool.
At this point I changed my mind and decided that the top (big) flat side of the bracket needed to be as deep as the round collar at the bottom. To do this I created a rectangle of appropriate size. I positioned the rectangle vector and used the jigsaw tool to again define the dropped portion (not shown.)
The round hole through the bracket was created by making a zero height relief. This zero height relief would be merged lowest as a last step to create the hole.
I then made one more outline to make a zero height relief. All of the pieces would be merged (highest) to this relief
With the first two reliefs needed for the lectern created it was time to fire up the MultiCam. The pieces were routed from 1.5″ thick 30 lb Precision Board.
Share our content!