Our primer and filler are high solid content, high quality products made specifically for use with Precision Board HDU. They are unlike any other products available and are formulated to the perfect consistency for easy use with HDU.
FSC-88 WB HDU Primer (Water-Based)
FSC-88 WB is a sprayable, brushable, rollable water-based primer and filler that is used to fill and smooth Precision Board HDU.
It is not intended for tooling use, but can be used for cosmetics in some industrial applications. Call us if you have questions.
Use FSC-88 WB when a smooth surface is desired, or as a primer to ensure paint adhesion. It dries rapidly and sands easily. FSC-88 WB also works well on wood, concrete, and metal.
Prior to using FSC-88 WB HDU Primer, use FSC-360 WB HDU Crack & Repair Putty to fill cuts, dings or any other damage.
FSC-88 WB HDU Primer Features
- Spray it, brush it or roll it. FSC- 88 WB HDU Primer is easy to apply and cleans up with soap and water
- Allows for an ultra-smooth surface when applied to PBLT and PBHT
- Also works on wood, metal and concrete – call for info on thinning rate
Quick tips for using FSC-88 WB HDU Primer
- Use FSC-360 WB HDU Filler to fill cuts, dings any other damage prior to priming with FSC-88 WB HDU Primer.
- Brush or Roller- apply a smooth creamy coat and thoroughly work into surface. Allow surface to become tack free before applying a 2nd creamy coat. Do not sand between coats. Reduce with water about 3% when applying with a roller to reduce drag and extend drying time.
- Spray- apply initial coat to all surfaces requiring a smooth finish. Do not allow to run. When tack free (about 10 minutes) apply a 2nd, slightly heavier coat. If desired smoothness has not been achieved, continue applying multiple thin coats until desired smoothness is reached. Never sand between coats.
- Sanding of FSC-88 WB HDU Primer can take place as soon as it does not ball up on the sand paper.
- Painting- once completely dry, FSC-88 WB is compatible with most interior and exterior paints and lacquers. Be sure paint all surfaces for proper paint tension balance.
- Ask for free copy of priming video.
- Use shop fan blowing across primed item to assure complete drying of FSC-88.
See Product Data Sheet for detailed use and application instructions