EP-76 Epoxy HDU Adhesive
EP-76 Epoxy HDU Adhesive is a two component epoxy bonding resin. It is designed to bond Precision Board to itself to make longer, wider, or thicker pieces, sheets, or blocks. EP-76 HDU Adhesive is available with a separate container of PB Granules to allow variable consistency and ease of machining. EP-76 HDU Adhesive will not shrink and can be machined, drilled, tapped, sawed, and feathered to a zero edge. It contains no metallic fillers, is a non-conductor of electricity, and will not promote electrolysis.
EP-76 HDU Adhesive is suitable for interior and exterior exposure. The thickness consistency of EP-76 can be adjusted using PB-Granules to allow bonding of both horizontal and vertical surfaces. i.e.: edge bonding and sheet laminating. The durometer hardness and machinability of EP-76 can be adjusted and closely matched to the Precision Board densities by adding PB Granules as outlined in the PB EP-76 HDU Adhesive Product Data Sheet.
Features You Can Count On
- Permanently edge bond HDU sheets together to create sheets of virtually any size
- Permanently laminate sheets and blocks to create desired thickness and shape
- Match durometer hardness and machinabilty to the specific Precision Board density
- Waterproof bond line
Quick tips for using EP-76
- Clean and dry surfaces to be bonded thoroughly
- To increase bond strength, prime entire surface with ungranulated EP-76 HDU Adhesive thinned with 50% acetone and allow to cure thoroughly
- Mix thoroughly until all streaks of color disappear: mix ratio is 27 hardner to 100 resin.
- Add granules according match density of Precision Board being bonded. (see chart)
- Apply EP 76 with a putty knife, forcing material into the Precision Board surface.
- Pot life (working time for 100 grams) is about 60 minutes at 75°-80°F.
- Complete cure time: approximately 24 hr.
- Total and complete mixing is necessary for complete curing. EP-76 HDU Adhesive will remain soft & tacky without adequate mixing.
See Product Data Sheet for detailed use and application instructions